typically in stock
The RMC685 is a single-channel DIN rail mounted industrial transmitter for temperature sensors and for signal conversion. A thermocouple, an RTD, or an analog process signal (mA or V) can be connected to the input. Various processing options are provided: filtering, table linearization, custom functions.
An analog output (mA or V) is provided, along with an RS-485 serial bus. The serial bus supports the Nokeval SCL and the Modbus RTU protocols.
The transmitter is equipped with a small display and a joystick to enable local configuration and for troubleshooting. The device can also be configured with a computer and a programming cable, or remotely over the RS-485 bus. The programming cable is DCS772 combined with an adapter POL-3PIN.
Each functional block is independent and interacts the other functions minimally unless configured to do so, which removes the need to study and configure all the functions before using the device. E.g. to use this device to convert a temperature sensor signal to an analog output signal, it is sufficient to configure just the input and output, not touching the other functions.
- Provides a supply for an external transmitter or sensor 15 V 50 mA.
- Low noise measurement: 0.01 °C rms with 4-wire Pt100 at 8 samples/s.
- High speed measurement optionally: 50 samples/sec, available on the serial bus.
- Two point free input scaling, also for temperature sensors allowing easy two-point thermal bath calibration.
- 10 point linearization table.
- Dual row customizable 11-segment LCD display. Four configurable screens consisting of fixed text and/or live readings.
- Jumperless: no need to open the enclosure.
- Supply voltage 24 VDC ±15%. Power consumption 0.6 W without an analog output.
- Detachable 2.5mm2 connectors.
- Three-way galvanic isolation: analog input, power, everything else.
- ELo language for customized operations. Allows mathematical operations (basic calculation, polynomial, square root), conditional execution, timing, and sensor fault processing.
Load manuals (pdf)
Load datasheets (pdf)
supply for transmitter
+15 V, 50 mA
8 samples/s, 50 samples/s with serial output
mA: 0...20 mA or smaller
V: 0...10 V or smaller
mA: 0...600 Ω
1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115000
number of digits
2 x 6 numbers or characters
power, fault, serial bus
500 VDC, 1 min Cat 0
22,5 x 100 x 110 mm (WHD)
35 mm DIN rail
minimum ambient temperature
maximum ambient temperature
Programming cable for USB port
Pin header adaptor